Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Heat is On!!

Woohooooooo! It's currently 92* here in Minnesota on a May afternoon! Sun, heat, humidity...yes, I am loving it! We've just come off of one of the snowiest and longest winters ever, let alone a super cool and rainy spring. Give me the heat!

Weather is always a great topic. Can be safe to discuss, hard to misconstrue anything about that. Heck, even the meteorologists can be wrong and still have a job! The weather can be beautiful, yet destructive; change in a heartbeat or stay stuck on repeat. Some people's moods are reflective of the weather, other's are always bright and sunny even on the gloomiest of days.  We can let the weather, like so many other things in our lives control a lot...yet it is one of those things we cannot control and just need to learn to dress and act accordingly, as with life in general.

Then there are those that are never happy, no matter what weather we have. They complain that it's too cold, that it's too gloomy, that it's too hot, that they want the rain, it rains too much, they want snow, there's too much snow...I think these people are not happy unless they are complaining, and weather is one of those topics as I previously stated is safe, even to complain about.  ;-)

One thing I take away from the weather, is that once again, it isn't up to us to be in control of.  Someone else has more power than we, knows why the weather is in the pattern it's in, and without the destruction it can cause, there wouldn't be new growth or change. I've yet to melt from the rain, when the basement has flooded it's forced me to clean, I've sloped things away from my house to make the foundation stronger and the bitter cold with blinding snow has made me stay home and cozy up with my kids. For all of that, I am thankful.  At the end of a bad storm, there can be a rainbow and in life, we can find good in almost any outwardly bad situation. We come stronger and more accepting.  I can accept that!

Life is good, get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment