Saturday, May 7, 2011

And they're off..............

Today is the Running of the Roses, or the Kentucky Derby.  I honestly have never really understood races, but in the past few years, after driving through this area and hearing more about them, it has piqued my interest!  I am also intrigued by the lovely garden party flair, attire and hats that are just way big, fun and out there!

The excitement of picking a horse/jockey, following their story...maybe even placing a bet. Then the dressing up and most of all the HATS!!!  I want a big hat, a fun, silly, sensational conversation starter. Yes, today, I shall be wearing a hat of sorts, along with my daughter. I think it's time to celebrate this at our household. I even went and rented the movie, My Fair Lady...which is an all time favorite of mine, and they have the races along with the GREAT hats!!!

As usual, I think of these things, but get busy with life and all it has with it. I often run out of time, only get half of what I need or just rush through everything so I can fit it all in! I need to make a calendar of events and take the time to slow down a bit to enjoy these! Not every day has to be a party, but at least part of the day should be celebrated  ;)

Life is good, get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment