Friday, March 2, 2012

You are what you eat.

I saw a pin on Pinterest awhile back that stated "you are what you eat, funny, I don't remember eating any sexy beasts lately."  Cracks me up! 

I find it fitting that March is National Nutrition Month....especially since one of my other goals for this year is to once again get healthy. =)  I'm tired of having that sluggish feeling and "brain" fog. I need to get back on track with being the best me I can be!

Yes, we all have aspirations of losing weight, feeling great and being healthy. How many of us say.."tomorrow" or "next week" or..."yes, I will do that, after I loose a little weight." My hand is in the air, I am guilty!  I have once again put the many needs of my family before mine (not that it is a bad thing) and let my eating and working out habits slide into "when I get time" category.

Not any more...it's time to make sure my health is back on track. A healthy woman is a happy woman ;)  I know, I am a cornball.  Any how, it became way too easy for our family to just eat on the fly, and we found ourselves spending so much money on eating out. This is not what I wanted for my kids as I grew up with the fact that eating out was saved for special occasions. So not only to make our household budget to be on a better "diet" I am once again trying to put our family on a better whole foods and life long eating well diet.  I've started reading the book, Skinny B*tch, and find it refreshingly blunt and to the point on our health and habits, along with wonderful inside information to our food. Just what I need for some added inspiration.

No, no fads...yes, I am using a juicer, as a way to add more veggies, greens and fruits to our bodies, not as a meal replacement.  But, I will admit, this will be used as a breakfast for me since I am not one to usually eat breakfast. That is a bad habit I got into as a teen and just cannot break. I make sure the kids get out the door with a banana or toast, and on a special day a pancake or two, but now I can also give them a full glass of plenty of fruits and veggies.  I have not been a big one to get all my leafy greens in, so now I can add baby spinach to my juice and not even taste it, those strawberries sure do wonders ;)  I will also like to have this "juice" for that mid afternoon "snack attack" that I seem to get these days.

Started back at my boot camp class at the gym as well.  Wouldn't you know it, just as my body was starting to not feel like a truck ran over it after class, the session ended. I know we'll have a two week break, and I need to stay on top of things. Jillian to the rescue, she will be my trainer.  I may also finally fit in some "Fit Club" sessions as well.  I miss running...a lot. I never in a million years thought I'd hear myself say that, but I do. I have taken the steps to sign up for two races already for the "season" and am mapping out a few more. I need to do this, I will do this!  Baby steps, one mile at a time.

I was once told, part of a goal is to write it down and then tell others to help you be accountable. Please, if you see me or are my FB friend, feel free to ask me how it's going...call me out if you don't think I've been on track, I am human and can use all the encouragement you can give!  Now, who is on this journey with me??

Life is good, get on with it, live it LOUD!

No comments:

Post a Comment