Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful for Life

Once again it's been a little bit since I've last posted. Yes, I've succumb to the busy pace of this thing called life, but guess what, that's OK, because life is a continuum and we can pick back up at any point.

This is one of my favorite weeks out of the year, it's Thanksgiving week. I love this time of year for just the simpleness of gathering together to really be thankful for all that we have and to spend time with family and friends without any expectations. I have also been enjoying all the grateful posts, Lord knows there is a myriad of negative out there, so this is a welcome change!

I'd like to say that what I am most thankful for is life. Yes, simply the life that I get to live. I am alive, what better gift or joy than that?  This was reaffirmed within the past week...I was asked by my future MIL what I'd like for my birthday, and then again a few days later they same question by my sister. I was at a loss. Really, I don't know what I'd like. There honestly isn't anything that I need. I have my health, my kids and family, I have a roof over my head, a job that allows me to provide for my family and a great circle of amazing people in my life. What more could I possibly need?  Yes, I know some of you would say I'm crazy and that we could all use more money, but I've seen where the more money or things that we want, the more it's not enough and then we are trying to get more to please more and it becomes a never ending cycle. I am rich, rich in life. I am beyond blessed with what it takes to feel content, to be HAPPY!  I don't need any more "things" to clutter up this part of my life, I have enough, more than enough. I am able to share with others, to create memories and that makes me even happier!

While filling in for one of the gals I work with, her "mature" client was sharing with me some of her fondest memories of time with her family. One of her favorites was the time they traveled to Ireland  together and there were all sorts of "mistakes" that were made that brought the family to work together and allowed for laughter and fond memories to be shared whenever they would gather together.  I want to make those mishaps and memories with my own family. To be able to have the "remember when" moments at the table when we gather together!

It is at this time I want to wish each and every one of you a wonderful Thanksgiving. May you be surrounded by those who mean the most to you and feel the blessings that you have been given over the year. Continue to be grateful and see all the happiness that is within, and best of all, create those memories!

Life is good, get on with it, live it LOUD!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry I shared some links from Pinterest with your future MIL...so hopefully she comes up with something good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told her she could make a donation to a breast cancer fund of some sort in my name....I honestly don't need any more stuff :)

    ReplyDelete