Thursday, December 1, 2011

Random Birthday Acts

YESSSSSSSSSS, it's my birthday....and yes, as some of you know, I do think this is a big deal. No, not for the attention, but for the fact to simply celebrate LIFE!!!  I love to celebrate and often don't need an excuse to do so on any given day, but a birthday, and one that's mine...well, others seem to just forgive you for being happy on such a day. I promise, I won't go into the fact that I think it's sad that we need to be forgiven for being happy...that's a whole other day ;)

Last post I mentioned not needing anything for my birthday, that I am already blessed with more than  enough. While gifts are great and yes they do make a person feel special, after all, they are the icing on the cake of life...but I honestly do have enough as I stated. So, I have a personal challenge for all of you, that is if you really truly want to think of me today...PUT.OTHERS.FIRST. That's right, to make me happy I would love, love, LOVE it if you all did just ONE random act of kindness and either comment here on what you did or on my facebook page. Today I am 37 and if we could get 37 random acts of kindness done in one day,  I would say that would be an amazing birthday! Now, I cannot take full credit for this idea, as I did see it on that evil site, Pinterest, which lead me to a blog to where another gal did this for her 38th birthday. I just really love the idea and really want to share it with YOU! How's that for an interactive blog post?

Now, for those random act of kindness...could be anything. We've all heard of paying for the person behind us at the drive-thru or coffee shoppe, and yes, that would work. But it doesn't have to involve money.  Be creative! Did you hold the door open for the several people behind you? Did you return a bunch of wayward carts in the parking lot? Did you ask a mom shopping with her toddlers if you could help her put her groceries in her car? Maybe you went through your closet and took a bag of items to donate, or volunteered to ring the bell at a store. Those are all things we can do any day without it costing us a penny. I know you are all creative thinkers and can come up with some fantastically simple random act of kindness and share it with the world. Now, if I could only capture the looks on the recipients faces and then look of gratification on the giver ;)

Me?  I have this big jar of change in my bathroom that the kids and I use every summer at the fair as our treat money, I think I shall raid it and tape some quarters to the pop machine. I may also grab some pennies and spread them about the sidewalk so others can "all the day have good luck".  I am also working on a "treat" of sorts for my clients today.  I'm not sure at what all else I will be able to do, but I know that by doing these little things it will make ME feel better about the world we live in.

Why is this so important to me you wonder? Well, simple, at the end of the day, I really want to add to someones life, not to take; I just want to know that by my actions, along with YOUR actions, that WE did make life a little better for the people that WE came across throughout the day.

And since it is my birthday and I'd love to share a special give-a-way with ONE lucky reader...I will award one of you with a little treat box, all you have to do is post your random act of kindness.  Now go on, go out and do those random acts...maybe even do more than one, and then be sure to post so you can SEE how the day went. Ready....set.....ACT!

Life is good, get on with it, live it LOUD!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you!!! Don't know if this counts or not since I had already done it this morning before reading your post just now....dropped off 4 large bags of clothes at the Salvation Army to help others who need it more than we do. I always hold doors open at preschool especially for the moms with strollers. Your blog makes me want to do more that I already choose to! A friends needs hangers for a project so maybe I will empty the closet and bring her some. There are new neighbors moving in across the street....I think I will bake them something with a special welcome home ornament to say hello. Thank you for being you and for always putting others first! Hope you enjoy your amazing day. - Kelly T (Missouri)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Friend!
    Today was a great day filled with several random acts of kindness! What meant the most to me was Ella & I volunteered @ The Bread for Life @ the Grace Luthern Garage with our Real Group from Real Life Church! It was a very rewarding time for both of us filled with many life lessons! Thanks for the challenge! I plan to continue this daily as I am sure this is also what Jesus would want for his birthday! Enjoy the rest of your birthday month & may God Bless you & your loved ones! I am so grateful for positive people in my life just like you Stacey! You are truly a gift from God! I am thankful for your day of birth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple as it may seem, I always park towards the far end of the parking lot. When I was really sick last year, walking to the store from the parking lot was always very difficult for me. So now that I am able to easily walk, I leave the closer spots for those who aren't as fortunate. I tell the kiddos, "we are all able bodied individuals, we will walk".

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great! Thank you so much for sharing and making things a little bit brighter for others!!

    ReplyDelete