Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Karma

We've all heard what comes around goes around...which I believe to an extent. While I would never wish illwill on anyone or take pleasure in seeing someone else struggle, I feel this needs to be clarified.

I have seen others say Karma is a B*tch...I don't believe that. Karma does not project the bad.  I think Karma is out there just spreading the love, that if you put good out there, you will receive it back, often 10 fold. If you think Karma puts bad out there, I think you are mistaken, maybe you've just not put the love out to begin with...and when I mean put it out there, I mean put it out there freely, with NO EXPECTATIONS in return.  With expectations come a sense of entitlement and that is a thing none of us have, a sense to be entitled to anything, and that can lead us down a dark path that I'd care not to get into.

Life isn't measured by talley marks on some chalkboard to see who has accumulated enough good deeds to get to the next level. Those who live a peacefully life really just do because it feels good to be nice, they don't want anything in return, and when nice is returned, they are truly grateful for it. Simple. Yes, I know it can seem that we get our fair share of crapola, and trust me, I've had mine and will still continue to have it come my way, the difference is in our attitude and how we chose to deal with it. Yes, we have a choice!

Now, my blog isn't about wanting to change anyone. I accept people for who they are, and can embrace that we all have our place. My purpose when I share is to often give another way of looking at things, just a simple way of showing that there is good out there and that it's up to the individual to at least respectfully see the other side. While I don't expect anyone to jump on my bandwagon or even have to agree with me, but the simple respect of acknowledging that I too have a want to be understood. I think that is what is hard with those who say they are misunderstood, they don't want to understand another, so their frustrations with things come back on them.

I don't feel I am misunderstood...can what I've said be misconstrued, yes, but that is on the individual who is trying to pass judgement on me. That is why I ask other's to explain, it's not a challenge but a way for me to try to see their side. If I ask questions, it's not to evoke anger, but to clairify. Communication is a funny thing since we all have different ways of doing so, but lack of or just using what I call "blanket statements" does not solve anything, only further perpetuates the unknown. Life was meant to be shared with others and to learn from them as well, and you can't just share yourself without accepting another's idea's or ways of looking at things, without thinking it's an attack on you.

Our society was meant to be shared and respected, I feel as though a lot of that has once again gone by the wayside. It stems back to the simple things of treating other's how you would like to be treated, if you don't want someone to spaz out on you, don't spaz out on them; if you don't want someone to judge you, don't judge them; be kind, be understanding and put forth that positive energy, be grateful, once you do those simple things, I think the fog will be lifted and Karma will be returning the positve right back at ya!

So go ahead, put out that good, be nice and see what comes back. Find a way to rethink something that may upset you and ask what that other person may be going through. Instead of being upset that something "bad" happened to you, reassess and look at what IS ok. Emotions are just judgements, life isn't meant to be a rollercoaster full of ups and downs, it's about being able to go over the dips in stride, so hold on and go for that ride, put those emotions in check (seatbelt/coping skills) and journey on!

Life is good, get on with it, live it LOUD!

1 comment:

  1. Was nodding my head along with you before the end of the second paragraph:)

    ReplyDelete