Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Woot woot...it's Homecoming Week!

I love Homecoming Week, yes I do, I love Homecoming Week how 'bout you??  Yes, I was a cheerleader...if they wouldn't let me play the game I'd cheer them on  ;)  All the excitement and pride that is with the kids and parents in our community right now just has me giddy!

There is something about homecoming that brings a community together, I LOVE THAT!  Kids dressing up, making signs, the parade, the team colors, cheers and all the people that come home to see their school play...wow, wish we could have that every week.

Why can't we?  What is it about that one week that people can put their best foot forward and feel part of something?  I want that all the time, not just for my family, but for that of the whole community. I notice when people have something to look forward to they pull together and do better. I believe that is why there are so many fun little things communities put together for people...but the key is to participate. Yes, it is up to us to participate in life.

I am looking at our schedule, and often find I don't have enough time to fit it all in. We had our churches fall festival, what fun that was! Mr. Man and I did the local vineyard's grape stomp...yeah, I was pushing the limits on his idea of fun, but with the promise of food and a GREAT cheering section, he actually had a blast with it and could even convince a few others to join in with us next year. Still planning a trip to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch and needing to find the prime time to take our fall photo's.  We look forward to an upcoming family wedding, more football games (even if our team stinks) and hopefully that hay ride we talk about every year. The local Beer and Brat Night for the adults followed by the Brick and Block Walk for kids, by the time we fit all that in, the days will be shorter and we'll be looking forward to the holiday season! See, who has time to sit and think that there is nothing to do or that they don't feel part of something??

I guess to me fall IS all about homecoming, coming back from the sunny fun days of summer, coming back to being a family and community and time to think about cozying up at home and supporting our town. Yes, with eyes of pride. I am happy our schools see the importance of this and help us parents instill these values and traditions in our kids. I don't want mine to lose that excitement about the every day things in life. EVER!

Life is good, get on with it

No comments:

Post a Comment