Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Endings and beginnings

Labor Day Weekend...always a time to signal the end of one season and the beginning of another. Celebrations. We've had our fun, long days of summer, longing for some cooler weather and a new start to a new season. Wanting change and to move on to the next is a natural part of life. Funny how we can see it in the seasons, but maybe not with life itself.

This Labor Day was marked with a sad, yet understanding of what we many not want to end but longing of new beginnings. It is when we lost a part of Mr. Man's family.  His mother's only sibling passed from cancer. We all know someone who has fought this disease...some buy more time than others. After three years of treatments and positive smiles, Ranaye went to be pain-free. I am happy for her. Now, some of you ask, really...how can you be happy?  Easy, I really believe our life here is only a short stint, that there is something more out there for us and once we are free of the constraints of what is here, we can truly be! Now wait before you pass judgement, it doesn't mean I am not sad or will not miss her. Just that I do understand that there is more to life than what we see every day here. I remember the good, her smiles, generosity, her positive attitude and willingness to find the good in anything and her ever acceptance of what came her way.  I know that my life moves forward and that I can take what this beautiful lady has taught me and enter twine it into my life here and now. If I sat and dwelled on what isn't any more I really wouldn't accomplish much nor would I be keeping her spirit alive. We all grieve differently, I wouldn't tell anyone how they should grieve, but I don't view death as finality and celebrate the spirit's new beginning!

Ranaye, may your spirit soar and be free...free to be. May you always continue to smile and shine upon us. You will not be forgotten and always remembered for your positive outlook and ability to find the good in all of us! God speed.

Life is good, get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment