Friday, September 23, 2011

Living Loud!

I love to read and just finished an amazing book, Heaven is for Real. It only took about 2.5hrs to read this story of how a boy met Jesus and was able to retell his irrefutable details of this to his father.  Shocking yet amazing along with reassuring all at the same time. 

In recent years, my kids and I have lost several close people to us. My kids' grandmother passed from cancer 5yr ago, I lost my aunt from cancer 3yr ago, my grandmother and grandfather only 13 days apart 2yr ago and my cousin from a car accident 2yr ago. Now the ones who had been sick or "old" we can deal with or at least try to grasp the concept, my cousin who was only 14 and so abrupt, well, that one was harder and still has an impact on all of us.

Jacob was, as my aunt often put, "the kid who brought the noise."  At any family events you knew where he was, follow the giggles or the sounds of wrestling moves. He could fire off a comment at lightening speed to anyone who tried to joust him. He had a BIG grin...that knowing grin...that up to something grin. He also attracted people to him whether it be family, friends or just the little kids from the sports teams he was involved in. It was if he had so much life to live in a short span that he just had to get it all out. He had to make an impact on all of us...and that he's done!

We've all lost someone close to us, we miss them, we wonder what might have been. This book helps me see that what I've always believed that we just transition on to that better place. Now, I don't want to really get there any time soon, but it is comforting to know that I WILL be with the people that I care about again!

To all those who have gone before us too soon...thank you for touching our lives. Jacob, you taught me to bring the noise, to live life LOUD. Life is worth living and enjoying all it has to offer. No moment spent with family or friends will ever be regretted...no picture snapped will ever not be cherished. All that other "stuff" in life, is just stuff, live in the now, don't pass up those chances to live and experience what life has to offer.

Life is good, get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment