Sunday, October 23, 2011

Reflections

I'm not talking about what you see in the mirror...wait, maybe there is a bit of that too. Ugh, well, let me reflect. If you don't take time for yourself,  you will not like who you see in the mirror. There, I knew there was a connection.  =)

I love my time early in the morning when it is just me that is awake. I never used to be a morning person, and if you had told me 10yrs ago that I would just wake up with the sun, I'd have laughed in your face. But now after 10yrs of getting up to get kids out the door, dealing with an early rising toddler and all that mommy go to work stuff, I do wake up now that my kids sleep in! I love it, just time to reflect.

This time of year I thought would be less hectic, ha ha, joke is on me. I love when the kids are back in school, it means more routine. But along with that has come cross country, which was a new sport to our family, Wednesday night church night, football games, pumpkin patches, orchards, corn mazes, yard work, and all the other fun hoopla that just comes up in life, toss in a few family weddings and a town tragedy and whew...where is the time to just be?

This past week has been a bit calmer, well, sorta. The kids had MEA break, I had their conferences and work, we did do a family outing, and I had a great breakfast with an old neighbor friend. I really enjoyed that breakfast and time to just be. How simple and fun to just go out and share a meal and conversation. To be me, to be able to listen to her, to reconnect and to reflect. We need more time like that...all of us.


We all need some time to look back, sort through and just understand what was, if we don't, we'll never get to the next chapter of the book if we keep rereading the same one over and over...and I don't care what time of day you pick or if it's just once a week, find a little slice of it and just be. With that being said...

Life is good, get on with it, live it LOUD!

No comments:

Post a Comment